Matthey is much more than a supplier of off-the-shelf catalysts. We will
advise on selection from our wide range of base and precious metal catalysts,
using our expertise and facilities to test and approve the choice of catalyst
for your application.
However, if the exact solution to your needs is not found in our portfolio,
we can focus our capabilities on modifying suitable proprietary catalysts
to meet specific requirements.
We are eager to share our expertise in joint catalyst development partnerships
with customers, exploring new routes and developing novel catalysts to
give you the decisive edge in a changing market.
Even if you have developed your own proprietary catalyst, we can toll
produce this catalyst for you on a commercial scale.
For the production of its proprietary and custom catalysts, Johnson Matthey
has the widest range of methods available:
- Base metals, including but not limited by Ni, Co, Cu, Zn, Cr,
Zr, Mg, Mn, K, Ce, Fe, Sn, W
- Precious metals, including but not limited by Pt, Pd, Rh, Ru,
Ag, Au, Ir, Re
- (co) Precipitation (supported and unsupported)
- Impregnation (on a vast range of supports)
- Tableting / pelleting
- Spray drying
- Reduction and passivation (static, rotating, moving, fluidised
- Sulphur treatment